7.22.2011

The Hardest Part of Letting Go

Whether it be a friend, loved one, whoever, the hardest part is letting go. Saying goodbye, walking away, trying to keep them out of your memories.



I've had a lot of issues with death, but for once, this is not it. I've had friends that have come and gone A LOT over the last ten years or so. Some I knew they would only be short time friends, convenient for the time being, nice casual encounters and help with studies, etc. Others, I knew within the moment we met that we'd be friends for a lifetime. I had been, until recently, correct thus far about those connections. I have a very tight circle of friends that I know I can count on no matter what. So when one of those friends I thought would be with me until the end, completely dropped off of the face of the earth, it threw me for a loop. The worst part, he is a guy. I fight myself from the very beginning saying "just let him go, he obviously doesn't want to be your friend if he can disappear so easily without a word" but then, after some time, it starts to bother me. I think back on the things I had recently did and said, to think of ANYTHING that I could have done to insult him. Anything I could have done to hurt his feelings. For the life of me I cannot think of anything. So what do I do? I stupidly send him a facebook message. The dumbest thing you can do when someone is very obviously avoiding you. I wish there was an unsend button on that thing to allow me to maintain some of my dignity and make me not seem like one of those stalker girls.



I need to learn how to not wear my heart on my sleeve and not be so eager to have people always want to like me and accept me. It is not possible to get along and be friends with EVERYONE, so when someone is going out of their way to avoid me, I need to let it go.



I was just curious if any of my followers had ever been in a situation like that and if so, how did you handle it? Hopefully not as silly as I did!

No comments: