5.18.2009

Finding Jesus..

Well at least, finding him again..


Lately I've realized how much I turned by back on God. Okay, so I admit, I did notice I had turned away from him for a long while now. It was only made worse when my papa passed away last year. I don't know why, but I feel like it's time to turn back. Now, don't worry, I'm not going all crazy holy roller on you guys. I just feel like I've become a different person, a mean, hateful, just yucky person, & I think SOME of that has to do with me turning away from God. This is all being done on my road to become a better person & hopefully get back to the old Devin.


All I can ask is that you pray for me. For those who don't pray, do whatever it is that you do. I feel at this point, my life literally depends on my success.


"O merciful God, fill our hearts, we pray, with the graces of your Holy Spirit; with love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, humility and self-control. Teach us to love those who hate us; to pray for those who despitefully use us; that we may be the children of your love, our Father, who makes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. In adversity grant us grace to be patient; in prosperity keep us humble; may we guard the door of our lips; may we lightly esteem the pleasures of this world, and thirst after heavenly things; through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Prayer of Anselm, 1033-1109)

No comments: