3.05.2010

HAPPY FRIDAY && Home Sweet Home

Well, happy Friday to you all!! I have been horrible at keeping up like I want to with this thing, but the guy is still looking at our laptop (wondering if any inappropriate pics may be on there for his amusement...hmmmm) and I've been super busy at work (which is awesome in my book). It seems like the legal business is starting to kick up again in the area, which is a much welcomed blessing to all of these starving attorneys in the area.


So, our latest adventure might you ask? Oh, not much, just buying a house! Ahh, yes, I said it, buying a house. And not a barbie house, a real life house that both hubby, myself and our pup pup can live comfortably in forever and ever and build our family in, eventually. This whole thing has been such a learning experience for me and an eye opener to hubby that he wouldn't really be able to do much of anything without my taking charge and smarts :)

What else, what else. O, so I did manage to successfully get through the system for Big Brothers Big Sisters and have been matched for about two months now with a little. He is GREAT!! His mom definitely took the right step to enroll him in this program. She keeps him encouraged to get good grades in school but he is lacking a little in a positive role model/influence outside of school (besides his mom of course, who is amazing). I have been having such a great time taking him out and having fun. He is such a smart boy for being nine years old. It makes me wonder if we were so smart when we were that age or if kids these days are just more advanced/smarter than us. Anyways, I'll probably do a post soon strictly on this experience, since it is on my bucket list.

Other than that, things have been great in cowtown. Wheel of Fortune is coming to town tomorrow and Sunday (Dallas and Fort Worth respectively). I know some of you may be thinking "wow they still film that show" (hey I said the same thing!), and the answer to your query would be, YES! So hubby and some of our friends are headed down to try to strike it rich. In the worst case, we will just have tons of free fun. Sounds great to me!

So now I will leave you with a funny video clip and a song that I can't get out of my head. Have a great weekend ya'll!!

Poor sorority girl just wanted to make it snow in her sorority house. It ended up making a big noise/mess and everyone was angry with her. This is her response. I can't stop laughing


Okay, now to the song I can't get out of my head- Bulletproof by La Roux. I can't get it out of my head! I couldn't put the actual vid up thanks to youtube's dang restricted embedding. Anyways, enjoy! :)

No comments: