6.22.2009

Rough patch....

I really don't want to jinx it, but what the hell, I think I've finally gotten through the rough patch that I've been in for quite some time now. In the past year or so I lost one of the most important people in my life (my papa), lost my husband for a while (both by distance and emotionally), lost my mind, lost my faith. I could probably go on all day. The long story short, I was in a very bad place not too long ago.



It was as if over night I decided to change my life. I surprised myself & started pursuing a career in Texas. I knew I wouldn't last much longer if I had to stay where I was. As if they knew what I was going through, I was contacted by my current employer & did a telephone interview. I was able to impress them over the telephone and set up an immediate, in-person interview. Robert and a friend came in for the weekend & I surprised him with a "hey, I'm going to ride back with you guys for my interview." I will never forget the look on his face, it was pure excitement. My mom started talking about packing my stuff up and I tried not to get excited. No more than a year previous to all of this, I had tried to make it work, & to say the least, it all fell to shit. I would not let myself get excited, but I would not let myself be negative either. It was as if my mom KNEW I'd be getting this job. Even after the in-person interview, I still wasn't sure. I was told I'd be asked to come back to meet with the VP of the company. Everyone thought that sounded great, I however put my excitement to the side. I could not take another blow.

It obviously all worked out in the end. I have been here for almost a month now and absolutely love the work and the people. I'm able to take a few minute breaks here and there and still keep on top of all my work and make sure everything runs smoothly. I LOVE it!!!

Anyways, it seems as though Robert and I may be back on the same page again. Only time will tell. One thing that is for sure, I love that man more than life itself.......

No comments: