6.25.2009

What would you do?

Photobucket

As most of you know, and for those of you who don't, I like a lot of different things. I like trying new foods, new products, anything really. For a while an old friend, Uyen, got me into Taiwanese dramas. There was one, Lavender, that was particularly addictive. I also moved on to ones like Mars, so on and so forth. Anyways, Robert has always been into some anime. He really liked Gundam Wing (which is funny I brought that up randomly, because I will be doing another post, hopefully soon, regarding a Gundam in Japan)and other things here and there.

Being the one to try new things, I paid attention in the movie theater about a year or so ago when they played trailers for [not so popular] movies that fathom events would put on. They would usually only have one or two nights that played a particular movie and then after that you were screwed until it came out on DVD. Even then it was difficult to track them down. Anyways, I saw a movie called "Death Note." For some reason it looked really good & I thought it would be movie both Robert and I would enjoy, not to mention, a cheap date lol. Anyways, when the time came around, I was doing one of everything and got so busy that I completely forgot about the showing. I didn't remember until a few months later when I saw another commercial for a fathom event production that I was disappointed. I had it set in my mind that I would wait a little while and track the movie down, even if it took me forever.

& I did & boy am I glad I was so persistent. So here is the point of the blog, given the following mis/fortune, what would you do in this situation?!

The main character, Light, finds a Death Note that is "accidentally" dropped by a God of Death. After possessing the notebook he realizes that if he wrote someone's name in it, they would shortly thereafter die. He used this to his advantage and began killing criminals. Some that were already imprisoned, but also those who everyone knew were guilty but were able to escape the legal system because money talks. It did not take long before he abused his power and began killing people who were not exactly criminals, in fact, some of whom were perfectly innocent, hard working citizens.

My question is, what would you do? I would like to say I would do the same as he did in the beginning, kill criminals and criminals alone. But would the power get to my head as well? Not only that, but wouldn't that be like playing God? No matter the wrongdoing, does anyone really have a right to take someone's life?

Just curious, what are your thoughts?

No comments: