7.17.2009

The Pain of Love

As my previous blog mentioned, I have been attending the gym pretty regularly. I didn't really push myself too hard, because, let's be honest, I get very irritated very quickly & don't want to quit going. Last night was the first time I consented to letting Robert go with me (he usually goes during the day at chow or some other time OTHER than when I go). I figured I needed a little push and being in the Marines and helping out managing "the fat bodies", he'd be the one to do it.

Well, let's just say, I had no idea what I was in for. It started out pretty average. Put our stuff in the locker, got a few stares by different people (mostly women who I know were thinking "aww look how cute, they work out together" and the guys probably thinking "sucks to be him" lol) and hit the machines. The workout was to be pretty much limited to shoulders (I'm still having problems with my shoulder from the car accident forever ago) and abs (yes I still have some of those! lol)

Anyways, I don't want to go into great detail about my workout session, but let's just say I am insanely sore. While doing one ab workout (some crazy machine that you lay on the bench, grab a medicine ball, stretch all the way back, sit up, toss the ball, grab another and repeat a million times) I felt as though I was going to throw up, which I then stated. Robert's response was not too sympathetic. I got a "just throw up then, let it go, then keep going." wow, I began feeling sorry for the Marines he PTs everyday. poor things. It did make me laugh though. He realized how silly he was being and we moved on. I did the ab coaster, which I had recently seen on tv. It looks pretty simple & I thought I'd hop on and do some insane amount of reps in no time. Yea, not so much. For an uncoordinated, weak person such as myself, it was pretty difficult.

The whole point of this story is, last night when I got home, I just wanted to shower and go to sleep. Luckily I had clued Robert into my not-so-motivated state & he whipped me into gear. I'm kind of sore today & I'm sure it will be worse tomorrow, but I'm glad I did it. More importantly, I'm glad I have such a great husband.

No comments: