7.20.2009

Too many choices

Photobucket

Now, don't get me wrong, as much as I couldn't stand living in New Orleans anymore, it did have its perks. Besides the great family and friends I have there, nothing can beat the food, the music, the concerts and, of course, the bar/club/alcohol unlimited availability.


Now that I've been in between Dallas and Fort Worth for a while, I've been able to do a little exploring. Now for those of you who know me, don't be too concerned, I don't wander off too far by myself...though it does happen sometimes. Anyways, I've noticed there are so many DIFFERENT types of things to do here. You name it, they have it here. Aquariums, zoos, museums, bowling alleys, skating rinks, ice skating rinks, huge malls, the Texas Rangers, the Cowboys (they really aren't my taste but ok), places that actually play the UFC fights, adult arcades, oh & did I mention the Galleria, which includes Tiffany & Co. ahhh. & soo soo much more.



Robert admitted that he has done more in this area in the short time that I have been here than he had in the past year & I can easily believe him. I am not the type of person that can sit on the side and do nothing. I tried to repress those feelings for a while & learned that there is no way to get rid of them but instead, I'd have to use them & act out whatever my little heart desired.


Ice skating was an adventure. I clung to the wall for the first few times around. Robert tried to be a hot shot whipping around me, until he realized he couldn't stop. I came to his rescue, slowly, but surely.


My first major league baseball game was surely not the last. I had such a great time. We bought tickets in the nose bleed section because I thought we'd be saving some money. The view was GREAT! I would never buy anything other than those seats. The atmosphere was great. At one point I closed my eyes and breathed in the air & took in the sounds around me. This is what it felt like to be alive.


Six Flags was definitely a new experience for me. You see, our family would go on family vacations to the beach every year. Each time we'd make a visit to the amusement park. My sister was always my ride buddy, but as the years went on, she started staying at home for the vacations. I lost my buddy partner & never really got to rides after that (this was before the single passenger days). Anyways, I found a new partner, in more ways than one, and we hit all the rides I could imagine. Being scared of heights didn't stop me that day. I didn't even think twice when we stood in line for the Superman ride. Looking back now, I'm glad I didn't because I would have surely lost my lunch. That day was a once in a lifetime experience. We ran around from ride to ride, hand in hand, passing old couples, younger couples with tons of kids, and teenage love birds. The day ended when the storm rolled over us & we made a mad dash to the car, not making it in time of course, both of us completely soaked to the bone, both of us though, laughing.

Ripley's Believe it or not- was pretty cool. Robert definitely enjoyed that more than I did. BUT they do have a mirror maze, which I have to say is pretty neat. Definitely something everyone should try at least once.

The whole point of this blog is this, I never realized what I had until recently. I was ready to give up on life. Robert came into my life & it got a little better. He stayed with my through some of the hardest things I've ever faced...a car accident that left a permanent scar on my face that I will forever have to live with, the death of the person I was the closest to, and never thought twice about what he was doing. Maybe he knew all along things would end this way? Maybe he had blind faith, something I should have taken a lesson in.

Regardless, I'm ready to keep living my life to the fullest, go fishing with my hair a mess, touching slimy worms, tubing/water skiing? , boat sailing (that's actually coming up very soon)...

The whole world is at my fingertips, all I have to do is reach out and grab it. The worst that can happen is I fall, but I know I always have Robert there to catch me.

No comments: