10.06.2009

Dream Interpretation

Photobucket


Some people try to interpret dreams. I'm not one of those people. I don't really believe that just because you had a dream about fish means you or someone you know is pregnant, or any of that nonsense. BUT I have been realizing lately how much your everyday life and thoughts come into play during your sleep/dreams.

For example, last night I had the most odd dream I've had in a while. It was a lot of random stuff mixed together that all links back to either conversations or thoughts I have had in the past few days.

I had a dream I was walking through my grandparents backyard and noticed my dad was building, or should I say rebuilding, a deck that my Papa had built when we were younger. My dad said he was making improvements to add in a pool for my grandma (because Ghea can totally get around that well? ha). Anyways, this thought I'm sure came from the fact that I logged on yesterday and noticed I had a new follower (a shout out to the very talented carpenter/hunky handyman Thad). I checked out his page and saw some of his great work. It reminded me of my grandpa and all of his great stories he had from building houses, then I remembered the deck he built in their backyard so us kiddos had something to play on. & of course, my dad was involved because he learned from the best. Even though my Papa was my mom's dad, he took my dad under his wing like he was his own son.

I walked inside my grandparent's house after talking to my dad and notice dirt tracks all over their white carpet. This probably came from me thinking about purchasing Buster shoes to wear outside so he would stop tracking in dirt from outside when he plays in the rain. After entering the living room I notice an odd looking dog. It has a small head, a regular body, and tiny, short legs. This, I assume, came from me seeing a friend's dog for the first time and noticing how small its head was when compared to the rest of his body. Then, the friend mentioned that our dog, Buster, wasn't really fat, just really tall and had tiny legs so he looked fatter than he is.

After petting the odd looking dog, I heard scary music. I turned around to see Vincent Price walking through the front door. I started screaming in horror. He scares the crap out of me. I'm thinking this came from me thinking about doing haunted houses this year. As I turned to run away he kept chasing after me. I kept saying "I'm going to be late for work, I'm going to be late for work!" I looked at my dream clock and it was 9:30 a.m. Crap, I was late!


I suddenly woke up to realize it was only 4:30 in the morning, I was not late, and all of that crazy randomness was, in fact, a dream.


& to answer your question before you ask, I don't do drugs and I haven't drank in forever. so I have no idea what happened there!

No comments: