10.20.2009

Work It Girl!

Photobucket

Okay, so as many of my original followers know, I am on a mission of completing a "life list" or "bucket list," if you will. (If you have no clue what I'm talking about, click here)

Anywho, one of my main goals is to not only drop a lot of weight and get tone, but basically change my lifestyle when it comes to consumption. I have recently realized that within the past few years I've become a little "thicker" for lack of a better term. I've been saying I'll exercise, this and that, and usually do, but I never made an attempt to make an overall change with my life.

So, I purchased a personal trainer at my gym (I originally had hubby helping only to call it quits after a week when I began seeing Marine like muscles, not fitting for a girl and another guy at the gym who liked to assist but not really what I was looking for). I decided on a girl figuring she would be a little more understanding to the female form. I also figured I would be more comfortable with a female & man was I right! She kicked my butt in an hour's time but not only did I feel like I got a great work out, I feel like she helped me in the areas that I needed it the most. She helped me set specific goals and helped with timelines of when I should see results.

For the first time in my life, I feel like I may be moving in the right direction. I have given up soft drinks all together and have actually decided to stop drinking coffee. I don't really want to put unnecessary things in my body any more. They are really pointless. I think my new motto will be "if it doesn't help my body, it's not going in my mouth." Hopefully this will work out for the best, so far so good. I was able to lose 10 pounds before meeting with my personal trainer, now I feel like I can do anything! Also, it helps to have motivating people like this around to read about similar struggles and gym adventures. ((Shout out to Tami G, a cute Kentucky blogger, keep up the great work girl!))

I am anxious and hopeful to see results. Who knows, if I see a great improvement, maybe I'll get as brave as Tami and post some before and after pictures? We will see!

1 comment:

Tami G said...

ROCK OUT GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY!
I'm SOOOOOOO excited for you!
I'm telling you - once you get started and get into a routine, it's addictive - really it is! I promise!
this coming from the "former" laziest person you know! ha ha

If you were in Bowling Green - I love my trainer!
GOOD LUCK and keep me posted on how it's going.