9.24.2009

Welcome Autumn!

Photobucket

Well, Autumn officially began on Tuesday, September 22nd. It is crazy to be somewhere that you can actually feel and see the seasons change. Before, in New Orleans, "Autumn begins" were just words on a calendar. The cool/cold weather puts me in the best of moods. Everyone keeps telling me I won't be so happy once winter rolls around, but I'm not too sure about that.
You see, the cold weather reminds me of a lot of things. First and foremost, it reminds me of my Papa. He was from Ohio and longed for winter. The one time it actually snowed when we were kids (1989- I was only four) he followed us around with his video camera trying to catch every moment. I still watch those videos. The cold weather also reminds me of love. I remember watching so many romance movies when I was younger, and it always seems like the female character finds her love when it's cold out. Strange, I know, but bear with me. It's a time where you can spend all day outside and not even notice because you aren't sweaty. Take a stroll around the block, hand in hand with your love, and feel like you don't have a care in the world. Also, it does a world of wonders for hair. My hair longs for the cold weather to give it a break.
Anyways, just wanted to say "welcome!" to the cold weather. I'm ready for you!

No comments: