1.22.2010

Update Time

So, I guess it is update time. I have been trying to make a conscious effort to get on here and blog this week, so far so good. Anyways, things have been going pretty good on my end. I've only been in this area for about half a year and I already feel like I can call it home. I do miss my family and friends back home and every now and then, when I just want a frozen delight (daiquiri), I miss New Orleans. But then I think about all the great things that I have going here and I can deal.

This weekend was to be spent with girl-time shopping then going out, which we haven't done really since the Marine Corps ball. Then hubby was given news today that he will be flying out to aide those in Haiti. While I am grateful that he is staying in the U.S. for these efforts (sending planes back and forth with people/supplies/medics/etc), I wish I didn't have to be without him. O well, I've done longer stints, so I can just put on my big girl panties and get over it!

Moving on, I am currently planning a trip in March to Vegas, which I am absolutely ecstatic about! A weekend trip to go snow boarding has been postponed since we discovered the nearest slope is about 9 1/2 hours away (just a bit too far for a weekend trip). Also, a cruise is in the works for the end of the year. I am ABSOLUTELY 100% excited about all of this! I have been working since I was young and have never gone on a real vacation as an adult (I don't include the two cruises I went on with my 'rents only because, hey let's been honest, I couldn't exactly enjoy myself fully).

That is the extent of the newer news I guess. I feel like my life is finally falling into place like I've always prayed for. A year ago today if you would have asked me where I would be I probably would have said "going through a nasty divorce, broke, an alcoholic with no friends or family." Now don't get my wrong, the only marital problems hubby and I had was distance. He is not the best communicator anyways, so add the distance and it was a nightmare. I felt at one point that he had given up, so why shouldn't I? I am grateful that for whatever reason, we both snapped back to reality at the same time and saved something that was worth saving.

Okay, enough of the gushy, mushy talk. It's Friday!!! I'm going to do a separate post with stuff to make you happy and giggle :) Have a great weekend you guys! I'll make sure to take pictures of the weekend fun and post the non-incriminating ones! hehe

No comments: